Five Reasons to Visit Dubai after Lockdown

Dubai is famed around the world for its unparalleled luxury but there is so much more to the country than five star shopping malls, fast cars, and exclusive hotels.

It has been voted by travellers as one of the best places to visit numerous times in recent years, and Lonely Planet just ranked it in the top ten cities to visit in 2020.

So, just what is it that makes Dubai (both the city and the Emirate) so appealing to travellers, and why should you visit as soon as the Covid-19 travel ban is lifted?

 

1. Multicultural and Diverse

According to the Dubai government website, Dubai is “unique in the diversity and cohesiveness of its society, which was forged on tolerance, respect, forgiveness and communication since Dubai’s inception, which resulted in the creation of an exemplary multicultural society” and this can certainly be seen when travelling throughout the Emirate and in the city of Dubai.

Only 10% of the people who reside in Dubai are actually native Emiratis, the other 90% is made up of foreigners from all over the world.

Many of those who are living in Dubai are expats, predominantly Middle Eastern and Asian, with most Westerners being British.

So, wherever you hail from in the world, there is likely to be someone who speaks your language, is familiar with the customs and traditions of your native country, and can help you fit in with the expat community or society in general.

 

2. Historically and Architecturally Inspiring

Dubai is an awe inspiring city; from the engineering marvels of the Burj Khalifa (the world’s tallest structure) to the archaeological site known as ‘Saruq Al Hadid’ (one of the most important and mysterious historical sites which was discovered by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the ruler of Dubai), there is something for everyone to enjoy, from ultra-modern to ancient and everything in between!

If these marvels aren’t enough to tempt you then consider visiting, or staying at, the Burj Al Arab, a hotel in the shape of a sail, or Palm Jumeirah, one of the largest manmade islands in the world, built in the shape of a palm tree.

 

3. Superb Shopping

Dubai is possibly most famous for its amazing shopping malls.

The Dubai Mall is home to over 1,000 shops, 150 restaurants and even has its own indoor ice rink, theme park, aquarium and underwater zoo.

It also boasts the world’s tallest waterfall (the Dubai fountain) which offers an enchanting water, lights and music display spread across an area the size of two football pitches, with jets reaching up to 140metres into the air.

One day at the Dubai Mall may not be long enough to visit all the attractions but there is definitely be something for every budget and every age.

 

4. Fantastic Food

As Dubai is such a multicultural country, you will find cuisine from just about every country in the world and there are more than 6000 restaurants to choose from.

You could select a gourmet meal served down by the waterside or up in the clouds, or feast like Bedouins in the Arabian Desert.

Traditional Arabic dishes such as, hummus, manakish (a doughy flat-bread, similar to pizza), Falafel (fried chickpea or fava bean balls), Shish taouk (skewered chicken cooked in a tandoor oven) must be sampled while visiting Dubai.

 

5. Adventure

Dubai (the city and the country) is a place made for adventure.

From desert safaris to skydiving, or hot air balloon flights to skiing, there is something to suit everyone’s tastes. There are theme parks galore, including, Legoland Dubai, IMG Worlds of Adventure, numerous waterparks, and Motiongate Dubai.

Parents and children alike will find adventure packed days, whether you decide to take a quad bike ride through the desert or a kitesurf along the beach, you’ll definitely be glad you visited Dubai!

Latest Post

© Copyright 2020. All Rights Reserved